Last year Ronnie.cz made a cool application where you could compare all Mr. Olympia contestants with each other, pose for pose (based on photos from FLEX Online from the prejudging). This year the application is hosted on www.mr-olympia.eu:
In the latest installment of Bodybuilding.coms pre-Olympia video series Bob Cicherillo travels to Las Vegas, Nevada, to meet Jay Cutler for an interview in Jay’s home, and a back workout in “Jay’s” Gold’s Gym in Vegas. Five weeks out from Mr. Olympia, what are Cutler’s thoughts?
Watch Mr. Olympia himself, Jay Cutler, get ready for the 2007 Mr. Olympia rematch. Can he beat Ronnie Coleman and Victor Martinez again this year and successfully defend his crown?
Complete Olympia: The Series Listing with links:
- Introduction: Series Trailer – Date: 6/29/2007
- Episode #1: Marcus Haley – Date: 7/09/2007
- Episode #2: Annie Rivieccio – Date: 7/17/2007
- Episode #3: Silvio Samuel Saviour – Date: 7/20/2007
- Episode #4: Toney Freeman – Date: 7/24/2007
- Episode #5: Darrem Charles – Date: 7/27/2007
- Episode #6: Dayana Cadeau – Date: 7/31/2007
- Episode #7: Melvin Anthony – Date: 8/3/2007
- Episode #8: Quincy Taylor – Date: 8/7/2007
- Episode #9: Ronnie Coleman – Date: 8/14/2007
- Episode #10: Johnnie O. Jackson – Date: 8/17/2007
- Episode #11: Monica Brant-Peckham – Date: 8/21/2007
- Episode #12: Mr. Olympia Jay Cutler – Date: 9/04/2007
Technorati Tags: Mr. Olympia, Jay Cutler, Bodybuilding, Ronnie Coleman, Olympia, Ms. Olympia, Bob Cicherillo, Gold’s Gym, Gym, Fitness Olympia, Fitness, Annie Rivieccio, Dayana Cadeau, Monica Brant-Peckham, Monica Brant
Jay Cutler quote after the historic victory:
– They said the champ can’t be taken out. Well you know what? The new champ’s in town. And the Sandow is staying in Las Vegas. And I get to keep my hair. (Jay had promised to shave of his hair if he didn’t win.)
- FLEX Magazine has blogged the Olympia Weekend fbesides their regular updates on FLEXOnline.com.
- Bodybuilding.com has 450 photos from the finals online and a blog.
- The German site BBSszene.de has 333 photos from the finals online.
- GraphicMuscle.com has good coverage from the Olympia Weekend.
- MuscleTime.com promises updates online on Monday.
- Ronnie.cz has made a cool application, where you can compare all Mr. Olympia contestants with each other, pose for pose (based on photos from the prejudging):
Results 2006 Mr Olympia
September 30, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
|Name||Country||Round 1+2||Round 3||Round 4||Total|
|3.||Victor MARTINEZ*||Dominican Republic||34||16||16||66|
|6.||Gustavo BADELL*||Puerto Rico||62||30||29||121|
|14.||Darrem CHARLES||Trinidad & Tobago||148||62||–||210|
|16.||Rodney ST. CLOUD||USA||160||–||–||–|
|* Qualified for Mr. Olympia 2007|
In an earlier post I asked “Will this years webcast from Olympia Weekend suck?“. Now Hard Body Entertainment, the company contracted to produce the television pay-per-view, post-event DVD:s, and live webcast, has released more information about the webcast:
The webcast will be able to be viewed at www.hardbodyentertainment.TV:
$24.95 will buy you an entire weekend (14 hours) of Olympia experience via the webcast. Things are certainly looking better…
Hardbody Entertainment (launced in mid 2005) is the new partner that will head the production for the television pay-per-view, post-event DVD:s and live webcasts from Olympia Weekend (webcast apparently won’t cover the main Olympia-competitions – see wording below). In April 2006 the following was posted on Hardbody’s website:
“Hardcore Olympia fans who can’t make it to Vegas in late September will still have some of the best seats in the house! Stay tuned for more details about the 2006 Olympia Worldwide Webcast that will be filled with behind-the-scenes coverage, up close and personal interviews, expo hall, arena events and Hardbody’s World’s Fittest Model Search Finale!”
The first tangiable production so far (besides some flash websites*) is the three minute sneak preview video for FLEX Magazine 2006 Swimsuit Issue Behind-The-Scenes Special. The programme is aimed at television and home video and is “currently under production”.
The preview doesn’t convince me that Hardbody Entertainment has what it takes to produce a solid live webcast. It lacks pizzazz… With sexy female athletes in really small pieces of clothing, how can you go so wrong!?! The preview has nothing like the come-hither looks that’s present in IronMan’s Sexy Swimsuit Spectaculars. Here a couple of DVD covers from bodybuilding.com – see what I mean?
All who have been watching the live webcasts bodybuilding.com has put on knows that it takes several attempts, with trial and error (and cursing), to get things remotely working.This years webcast better be free (as in beer) – some errors in such a webcast fans can forgive. But if they are promised an excellent production and it doesn’t work out… All hell breaks loose on the discussion forums. Ehm, the forums seem even more hellish than usual I mean.
In the beginning of 2006 BODY Magazine included a DVD with the magazine, it had hour long version of the events at the two day fair/expo FitnessFestivalen 2005 in Gothenburg. The DVD isn’t anything advanced, but still, the amount of work that goes into making it… The editor who produced the DVD brought his powerful computer, sound equipment and editing software to our office. The final editing process took no more than two days, thanks to the 15+ years of experience the editor had.
Here’s the DVD-trailer of the many events and competitions at FitnessFestivalen 2005 (with a short history introduction):
The two hosts for the online radio show ‘Pro Bodybuilding Weekly‘ will also be hosting the 2006 Olympia Press Conference:
“The annual event, which serves as the official kickoff to the Olympia Weekend, is scheduled for Thursday, September 28th in Las Vegas. As the media and fans gather, PBW hosts Dan Solomon & Bob Cicherillo will moderate the panel of Olympia athletes, including Ronnie Coleman as he looks to make history with a record 9th consecutive Olympia crown.”
But most important of all, will Bob Cicherillo be able to trump his pimpin’ shirt from last years Olympia?
“For the sixth consecutive year, Joe and Ben Weider, and their partners at American Media Inc/Weider Publications, have authorized active-duty military personnel with a valid ID card to attend the Olympia Expo, Mr. Olympia, Ms. Olympia, Fitness Olympia and Figure Olympia competitions free of charge.
“To show our gratitude and acknowledge the tremendous sacrifice military personnel go through in service to the country, it is our honor to provide free tickets to members of the Armed Forces. Since 2001, over 3600 military personnel have attended the Olympia events as our special guest and we look forward to meeting and thanking service members for all they do this year,” commented IFBB President Ben Weider.”
“Q: What is the American War Heroes? They are featured on the Colorado Pro site.
A: We are working with the United States military, all branches? The Air Force, the Army, the Navy, the Marines – supporting them. They will have a strong presence there. They will have 30 volunteers for the show. They will have a booth there, with some war heroes and war veterans from Desert Storm and Iraq. Colorado had a very strong military presence. I am going to visit a few of the bases on the way in – they actually have a military show coming up that Melvin Anthony is guest posing at.”
A July 19th press release has information about the 42nd rendition of the Olympia Weekend. The biggest news are:
- An increase in Mr. Olympia prize money, $66,000 more than last year. $546,000 this year, with $155,000 going to to the first place competitor (Ronnie Coleman – wanna bet?)
- New format for Mr. Olympia (prejudging is held in conjunction with the finals for Fitness Olympia and Ms Olympia on Friday night)
- Women’s contests prejudging (Fitness, Figure and Ms. Olympia) will be held at the Olympia Expo friday afternoon, with the finals for Figure Olympia held Saturday night in conjunction with Mr. Olympia finals.
- As always, the Expo promises to be bigger than the year before, including “World’s Fittest Model Search”, and SMA Tournament (Sports Martial Arts).
Olympia Ticket Info: To order call the Orleans Arena Box Office at (702) 284-7777 or toll-free at (888) 234 2334. You can also order tickets online at www.orleansarena.com.